Thursday, December 07, 2006

Math aftermath

Well, we did it! We survived. We finished.

Well, they've finished, anyway. I've got a stack of grading as high as the Petronas towers to clean off. I'm about halfway through the third exams, on which folks are doing uniformly well, and then it's onto the papers and the presentations.

The presentations? They went well, for the most part. There were a couple that could have stood to be a little more robust, a bit more fully fleshed-out, but by and large they were informative, and fun. I felt that there were two that stood out from the others in terms of clarity, content, and comprehension, not to mention preparedness and smoothness of delivery. It was exciting to see the aftermath of everyone's hard work. I'm sure the papers will reflect the same sort of diligence.

For now, I'm getting back to the grading, but I'll check in later with more insights as they come.

No comments: