Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fun for all ages

I just got done with the second of six installments of this semester's Super Saturday Math Discoveries program for 4th through 8th graders. (I think most of our group is closer to the 4th grade end of that range.) I had a great time today, and I think the kids did, too (to get kids can't-sit-still excited about math is not an easy task, and we've pulled it off for two consecutive weeks)...to say nothing of my volunteers, including the ever-indefatigable Fiona, who did a fantastic job in directing the young 'uns as they learned and played the game Toss 'n' Sort, the same graph theory game we played way, way back in the early days of our MATH 365 course. Yay, Fiona! (If any others from MATH 365 are reading this and would like to help out with Super Saturday, by all means let me know, we can certainly use the help!)

Yes, today was fun, and I feel like I learned as much as the kiddies did. Fun for a day, but I'm quite sure that I don't have the patience to be an elementary school teacher. Those of my students in Elementary Ed, I salute you!

No comments: