Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tossin' 'n' sortin'...

...and a whole lot more.

I think we had a good class today (although everyone involved should feel free to disagree!). We spent the better part of class discussing just what it is that makes teamwork work, and then we plowed on through that syllabus. I hope I did a decent job assuaging people's fears of the course (in particular, of that terrifying "final article" and the scary "symposium presentation").

Of course, we started things off with a rousing game of Toss 'n' Sort. With the foresight for which I am well and widely known, I neglected to take pictures of the action in progress, but I managed to catch a couple of the folks in the class in the hall afterward, and I got them to do a re-enactment (I'll post a picture if they let me know it's okay!). Unfortunately, the icosahedron we were using as a ball suffered horribly:

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I'm split between being terrified of this class and being way too excited to actually get the ball rolling on the group projects. However, I do feel that this will be a really fun class, and I can't wait to see what group I'm in. By now, I'm more excited than anything else. We'll just have to see...

DocTurtle said...

Bri, thanks for the support, as usual! Lys (I don't use real names unless I've cleared it with you first): you wound up on a team with a bunch of other atmos/math double majors. Yay! I hope you all benefit from each other's expertise.

Please don't worry yourself too much: you know that I know your math skills well, and I know you're cut out for this. You'll do fine!